June 5, 2009

Broken Thought Process Thursday

Yup, it’s Friday. Hey, it’s my theme I do what I want!

There is a fine line between determination and insanity. Albert Einstein once defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again hoping to get different results; or something close to that. He was clearly onto something there. I wish he were alive and well, it would be nice to ask him to move on over here next door to one of my neighbors and share that pearl of wisdom because although they might not be insane just yet, they are quickly driving me there. Come to think of it, they are not driving much of anywhere.

For the past two weeks, every day, at multiple and various times throughout the twenty four hour period, my neighbor has gone out to their car and tried to start it. The car makes that cheg-cheg-cheg-cheg-cheg sound as if it is about to start but it never turns over. I almost feel bad for them, they must imagine that the car fairy comes at night and sprinkles magic motor oil all over the hood in a blessing for their success the next day. What would be the explanation for trying it every morning otherwise? Now, I am certainly no genius like Albie but it sounds to me like perhaps it is time to call a tow truck and go have a starter put in. I don’t know though, just a thought.

Hearing this occur every morning makes me want to quote the movie Mallrats:

“That kid, is back on the escalator again!”

OK well I am going to go take a nine hour break from typing so I can get out to my kitchen reorganization job out in Ayer. Today we are working on the two kitchen junk drawers and the “it used to be a broom closet but is now the toss it in there and hope it doesn’t fall out when the door gets opened” closet. Can not wait to get before and after shots of this job for all of you to check out. Its so liberating to toss stuff and get it into a more organized manner. Well at least for me, I hope it feels the same for the client!

Back now. Hope everyone had a fantastic Friday!

Yup, definitely all about pizza for dinner tonight. So now I have to decide if we are going to make the trek out to Revere beach to get our favorite from Bianchi’s or if we should just stick close to home and do a margharita from Nicola. Ooh choices are so fun, especially when it comes to good pizza.

Oh my, I am pretty sure that was just a really booming rumble of thunder. Perhaps we will stick close to home and forego the beach tonight after all. Decision made.

I don’t know if any of you are Lost fans but we started renting all of the episodes again from season 1 on and let me tell you, I have even more questions now than before going back to re-watch them! There was a whole lot of information, situations, circumstances or subtle nuances that I completely forgot all about. Plus some characters they got rid of that really bummed me out to see them go. We have three left until the end of the season, it is pretty likely that will be tonight’s activity of choice unless I can convince Matt to play a little Rock Band of course.

Speaking of, I think it is time to go tap the pads for a few before Matt gets home. This is about as broken a thought process blog as possible. I like this theme, think I’ll keep it up. Hope everyone enjoys their night!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

I had thunder and lightening in Oklahoma this past week. I loved it. But alas, no good pizza. Sounds like you had a busy day. Enjoy the night.

Audrey said...

Love the new look on your blog!! Wonderful color!

disabled account said...

i love this theme. i want to marry this theme. if i were married to this theme it would drive over to your place and steal your neighbor's car keys so they couldn't try to start it anymore. hah!

fyi, the blog-lift is FABULOUS! ;)

xoxo

Rosebud Collection said...

Not crazy about thunder/lightening.
When the girls were young..I made like it was nothing..Used the saying, "God was blessing the earth"..Well, the girls are gone and so is the saying..Scares the heck out of me.
Pizza is always a good choice. Maybe I will make that today. Now I am hungry and it is only 6am..
Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

He was at it again at 7:40 this morning...

I now pronounce you Ginger and theme...you may now steal the keys ;-)

We love storms in this house! Have parked to watch them many times but I wasn't in the mood to deal with rain last night so we ended up at the local joint & it was tasty too! Theresa you have to take a trip up to Boston sometime, best pizza anywhere (sorry NY-ers but its true!)

Chris Stone said...

Great new blog look!

That was Einstein's quote? I'm familiar with the quote, but didn't know the author.