August 23, 2011

Tuesday Tip of the Day - Only Take On What You Can Handle

There is no more accurate advice right now than simply the title at the top of this post!

As most of you know I am a student, run a business, just moved to a new area, am part of a team, operate an online shop, wrote a novel I'd like to see published, etc., etc., etc...

All of those things take time, effort, sometimes money, and certainly mental energy (not to mention physical!).  So when I started evaluating what I was going to keep and what I was going to get rid of it all came down to the question -- what can I handle and what really makes me happy?

The short and long answer?  I can pretty much handle anything I set my mind to and what makes me happy is every single thing on that list!

Matt tells me not to worry about making money as long as I can get my schooling done and maintain my 4.0 GPA that's the main thing.  And although I know he's right I can't help but want to promote my business here in Arizona.  Faux finishing is really well embraced here and I know there are areas in it which I excel at.

With that in mind my goals are simple -- create only one new item to list in my shop each week, promote one teammate each week, let school come first but when I'm painting or finishing don't let anything get in the way of my enjoyment of the creativity of it.

Most importantly, write my blog because its fun, create because its fun, and take the weekends off so I can have fun in my personal time!

So with that in mind my blog is going to become a Monday through Friday place where I share and the rest of the time I'll be fitting it all in.  But only as much as I can handle and not a speck more.

No comments: