March 9, 2011

Tuesday Tip of the Day -- Do What You Can!

And I sincerely mean that from the bottom of my heart because I don't really have an excuse for not writing yesterday (actually on Tuesday) other than I simply didn't! 

Little things in life like blogs going out on the day that people expect them can't bog down my mind or else I'm never going to get anywhere now am I?  Instead my brain is taking a little vacation from pressure and stress.  In my head, I'm the person who just vacated the beach chair in this scene, the one who is going to give surfing a try, if only those waves got a little bigger!

Thank You Friends and Fans

So with that in mind and the 'Do What You Can' mentality pumping through my teeny blue veins, I'd love to share some of the positive feedback I got over at Facebook about my Southwest Mountain mural!  My family and friends are awesome to give so much support and I really want to thank them bunches for all the positive vibes!  I really love my job and it is super gratifying to see that so many people enjoy the work that I do, especially on a piece that is among my favorites in recent history.  And one that I thoroughly enjoyed painting from inspiration!

"...at first glance I thought this was a real photo. It's beautiful!!!"

"Where have you been hiding this talent? I never knew you were so artistic - brilliant, yes; but this type of artistic I didn't have a clue!"

"awesome!!"

"Do you do this for money? I would love to have you come paint something in [little girl]'s room."

"...I keep having crazy mural / paint ideas for the boys bedroom/playroom."

"Very nice! Love the shading on this, Jenn. This reminds me of Arizona. I love how the Saguaros look like they're marching up the hills... in this pic and in real life."

"Great work Jenn! :)"

I don't want to share who said what, if you said it you know who you are and I could not thank you more for thinking of me and my talent!  Not only the two friends who actually mentioned they would hire me (yippie!) but to everyone for just taking a second out of your day to tell me that you appreciate my work.  Even if it was only one second of your time spent clicking that little Facebook Like button.  To the additional 20+ of you who did just that, I just wanted to say you rock too!

To all of you I am so very grateful for your encouragement.  And to any of you who do choose to hire me to complete something awesome in your spaces, I truly appreciate the support and can not wait to get started on your project!

No comments: