September 27, 2011

Tuesday Tip of the Day: Mark your mudroom cubbies

Sometimes things in the mudroom can get a bit dishevled, disorganized and out of control!  How about making a statement of organization in a simple way by marking everyone's cubby or hook with their name on a great cubby name sign? 

This faux finished wall hanging is an example of a piece in my Chucka Stone Etsy shop that could easily be turned into a cubby name sign.  I love to make custom orders special for personalizing your home! 

My smaller artwork pieces can have each person's name painted right on the frame, by my trusty brush hand of course, and then we can hang them inside each cubby to mark each individual's spaces.

Let's talk shelving colors too!

A more masculine look would be to do deep navy woodwork, a sapphire blue Giani Granite bench (for taking off shoes of course!) and artwork with a cream frame, or maybe even his favorite team colors!  For the more feminine side how about using a butter yellow trim with a deep rose-grey wall background.  This frame in lime green would pop right off the wall!

Do you have a mudroom that needs updating?  I'd love to discuss your project, shoot me an email today!

3 comments:

Judi FitzPatrick said...

excellent tip!

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Thanks! I have got to get to reading blogs. I'm so far behind...shame on me!!! :-)

Kitchen Benchtops said...

Great tips and the image turn out so fantastic.